My attempt at organization. :)

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Psalm 42:11

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are u disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God!

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Why are you crushed down, O my soul? and why are you troubled in me? put your hope in God; for I will again give him praise who is my help and my God.

Four versions of the same verse. This verse keeps coming up. I've read it in other blogs, I found it when browsing verses about thankfulness, and I found it in my 2006 journal 2 times last night. My heart has been broken, but it is time for healing and praise! Even if the wound is still raw, IT IS TIME FOR PRAISE!

I will never be able to sing thanks and praise enough in this lifetime! But I will work my little voice till all around me know that You are Lord and God of my life and the lives of those whom You call!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pinks. Lovely post. As you praise, especially when you want to hurt - but choose to praise - when time goes by and you look at your hurt, it will have become less. God is already using your hurt to help others. I'm praying for you for strength and renewal daily.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope is people and this world will always disappoint. That's why the psalmist says to put our hope in God. He will never leave us or forsake us, and for that, we can always praise Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, raw and honest. I totally understand a broken heart, been there done that, but healing will come, I promise. And I love how you praise Him in the middle of it. Praying for you as you journey this.

    blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, its has been a little quiet in this part of the blog world, just letting you know I am thinking about you, and hope all is well.

    Blessings to you,

    ReplyDelete