My attempt at organization. :)

Friday, June 3, 2011

LOVE

I prayed about what I should read this evening. I was supposed to skate tonight, but it didn't feel right. I simply wanted to spend time in God's Word. I didn't know what I should read, and I kept hearing the word, love. I opened my bible, prayed about God showing me something... anything...

Again, I heard the word, love.

I pulled the book's concordance from the last insertion (my bible is beginning to fall apart) and looked up love.

I read some good stuff, of course, but then I went to look up Romans 13:10, but accidentally read Romans 12:10.

Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

(quick sidenote!) I feel better about skipping practice... my daughter just phoned me! :)

This verse had a reference to Philippians 2:4

Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

(The links are to a parallel bible, offering different translations while I quote KJV.)

1 John 4:18, 19
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

We love Him because He first loved us.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment