My attempt at organization. :)

Friday, June 17, 2011

5 Minutes of Home


OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes for the prompt:

Home…



GO:


Home.

Where my children lay there heads at night to sleep.

A place that I have made on my own with God, my true provider. A place that I would love to share with a man God has made for me.

Sometimes, I feel like maybe its not really a home. Maybe its just a house, a rent house at that, where we collect our stuff.

If it is a HOME, what makes it that way?

laughter

fun

giggles

games

food/dinner

bible

What about yelling, cussing, ugliness, crying, despair, silent tears hidden from my children to protect their home. Is it really a home even with these?

A house, a dog, a wife, a husband, kids, a white picket fence and bright red door? Is this a home?

What about the home deep inside my heart where Jesus lives? If that is the Holy Spirit's home/house/temple, what are the uglys that He must endure just to claim me as His own?

Home.

STOP.

1 comment:

  1. He thinks you are beautiful, stunning. He sees you in your fullness, beyond the sin He has already swept away. You are His beloved. He doesn't wait until we have it all together to come for us. He sees you now, and you take His breath away.

    ReplyDelete