My attempt at organization. :)

Friday, June 10, 2011

A Backwards 5 Minutes

Got Five minutes? Let's write. Let's write in shades of real and brave and unscripted.
Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Get a little crazy with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.









OK, are you ready?

Give me your best five minutes for the prompt:

Backwards….

GO

Backwards. I'm staying at my mom's house. The house I grew up in. We celebrate our 10 year reunion this weekend.

Backwards. Retrograde.

My mind rewinds to memories distantly taunting me to not only join but share.

My daughter asks me many questions about a time when she was a peanut in my womb. About a time when she was a mere name concocted by a blond dreamer. My little blondie girl. Reminds me of my own innocence and white hair.

Backwards. Reminiscing...

Encouraged by the growth God has caused in me while I battle thoughts of mistakes and shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Finding a large joy in the relationships maintained over this small span of time. This blink of an eye, this small vapor of life that I hope God finds fragrantly pleasing. That's what He does, right? Smells the pure smells of offerings lifted up to Him in His name...

Backwards.

STOP

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to this in a lot of ways...thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pinks, Love the shoulda, coulda, woulda! When you look back and see His grace and mercy, and not so much the ugliness of yesterday, then you know you are on the right path.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and I love how, even when we see backwards or incomplete, He brings glory and love and perfection.

    ReplyDelete