My attempt at organization. :)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

good stuff

SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by Marsha Burns:
Beloved, rise up in faith to know that no weapon formed against you will prosper. It doesn't matter what the enemy brings against you, you belong to Me. You will have to take a stand and resist his maneuvers, but I have already given you the power to defeat him soundly. Refuse to allow his tactics to overwhelm you or bring discouragement. It is My will that you obtain and maintain the victory, says the Lord.
Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD.




This is the "horoscope" delivered to my email during the week days. I LOVE receiving these prophesies because they remind me how much God is with me. I've been all over the blogosphere this morning, so I will try to remember all that influenced this growth in passion and understanding. God is using you!!!




Lisa asked, "What if you knew Jesus was coming back next month?"




Ann offered a free ap while reminding me to count my blessings. She also lead me to a wonderful article about gratitude and its effect on stress.




The wonderful women at Woman to Woman Ministries: I wanted to send ya'll an email or message or something, but I need accountability. I have been avoiding your blog and facebook for a few months. I've had a very sad, bitter, jealous, despairing, regretful, and any other applicable adjective reaction to your posts, especially those related to marriage. The enemy got good at using this to "remind" me of what I didn't have. I read your most recent post, and although I do not have a mate, I can serve my children in this way. I work all day then come home and try to do house things while mixing quality time with the kids... and most days, I am not successful. I like the idea of asking the children (my oldest at least) what we can do to make the evenings more pleasant for us all so that we can unwind, relax, and enjoy each other's company.




I also started following the other authors' writing for Woman to Woman. I'm not sure how I missed them all this time, but I was glad to finally have them in my news feed. I received something from all: Mandy's Sunday tears and Jenifer's challenge to be like Job and praise God with the good AND bad allowed me some genuine perspective. Then, Debi's reminder about the year-round spiritual harvest... She quoted Galations 6:7, which was very good, but I actually looked this one up in my bible here at the office. The word I received was this:




Galatians 6:9,10
So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone--especially to those in the family of faith.

God is still speaking to me and firing away the impurities.

Lord,
You bless a humble heart, but I know my heart wouldn't be humbled without You either. These times are hard, but it would be nothing but devastation without You. Once again, there are people that I want to see hurt because they inflicted hurt on me. But Your love is greater than those negative thoughts. Your love increases my love, extending genuine sincerity to even those my flesh less than desires. Stress is the enemy first on the list. You have empowered me with a grateful spirit. Allow me to continue in the spirit of thanksgiving even after turkey days are over. Allow me to continue in the passions you have laid on my heart.

In Jesus Name,
Amen








6 comments:

  1. You know our goal at Woman to Woman is to encourage, not discourage. There is NO condemnation in Christ. We desire to come along side you, and other woman, and offer encouragement and practical ways to grow closer to each other, our families, and God. Please feel free to contact any of us at anytime. I can be reached at: lphelps4351@gmail.com.

    As soon as I opened your blog I knew God brought me here for a reason - a couple reasons, actually. :) The passage you used at the top was meant was perfect encouragement for a friend going through a hard time. I shared it with her and it really spoke to her heart. Thank you for being obedient in posting that. I hope I was able to offer some encouragement to you too.

    Many blessings and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pinks - I've been blogging for 9 months now and I am amazed and humbled by the ladies out there. God has used them often to speak into my heart. Glad to see the same happens for you. Remember too, that your blog speaks to others out there going through things that only you can speak into - thus - God is using you too! God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear friend, I can relate to your words. There are times I read a blog post and just want to huff and walk away from the computer. Often times that is when God really wants me to read it.

    As Lisa said, our ministry is to come along side of women and encourage them. To show them how beautiful and special they are. I love how you point out that the post may be about marriage, but it can be applied to other areas of life, such as your children. I try to encourage women that it can also be something they pray about for a future marriage.

    Your words have blessed and encouraged me and I love being connected with you. Also as Lisa said, you can contact us at any time. Have a blessed Thanksgiving friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinks,

    The ladies at wwomen to women do write some very inspiring posts, The great thing about being connected with friends through blogging is that everyone is at different seasons in their life, and they write about those seasons, their experiences and the lessons they have learned adn although it may not apply to your life right now, it may be something you can take away for the future. You blog is a blessing to me, because I went through a pretty tough season not too long ago, and it gives me the priviledge to come alongside and pray for you and as Christians that is what we are called to do, to encourage and uplift, this too shall pass, for it will only last but a season. Happy Thanksgiving and bessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinks, as Lisa said...the passage your used in the beginning of this post was perfect! That scripture has long been a favorite of mine and I needed to be reminded of it. I, too, find myself getting irritated with some of the 'blog world' at times...and like Jenifer, I want to huff and walk away for not 'fitting.' However, that is truly when God is wanting to speak to me I believe.

    I pray that you will find encouragement in each of our (Jenifer, Lisa, Mandy & me) posts over at Woman to Woman. We truly desire to bless women of all ages in all stages of their walk with God! Contact any of us at any time.

    Happy Thanksgiving & may the blessings of God reach beyond your wildest imaginations!

    ReplyDelete