My attempt at organization. :)

Friday, April 27, 2012

Acts 12:4

I'm listening to a sermon while I right. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.hebronchurchofchrist.com/?page_id=221&sermon_id=426

I am reading out of my King James Bible, and I was so frustrated after reading Acts 12:4.

Mine says:

And when he had apprehened him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring hom forth to the people.

It gives three references explaining some of the language within the verse. The last of these is a replacement of "the Passover" for easter. They are not even the same celebration but satan mimicing God! I have to say though, as I am listening to the gentleman's lesson, I heard him say, "the Passover"
in its rightful place.

The previous verse (12:3) reads:

And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleaveded bread.)

In parenthases is a reference to the feast of unleavened bread, a feast that begins right after Passover.

I wanted to see a comparison of what other translations say, but intead, I will let my irritation give way to His peace and continue listening.

Lord God,
Again, You words, not mine. I've been listening to the backgroun song lots because its true, we get in the way of Your great works. Open ears and eyes and melt hearts. Lord, there are those in the world plotting unbelievable terror, and I ask that You undermine their plans and foul their scemes. Protect your people as the earth is plundered and destroyed. Please wake them up. Please call their names, Lord. Help them to see, and I ask that they have the courage to let their pride go, even me! Help me to truly submit to You. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment