My attempt at organization. :)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pain

Psalm 73:
16
When I thought how to understand this,
It was too painful for me—
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood their end.

Jeremiah 15:
18 Why is my pain perpetual
And my wound incurable,
Which refuses to be healed?
Will You surely be to me like an unreliable stream,
As waters that fail?
20 And I will make you to this people a fortified bronze wall;
And they will fight against you,
But they shall not prevail against you;
For I am with you to save you
And deliver you,” says the LORD.

Hebrews12:
11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
(The Message ends that verse with: ...for it's the well-trained who find themselves mature in their relationship with God.)

Revelation21:
4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Jeremiah 15:
16 Your words were found, and I ate them,
And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart;
For I am called by Your name,
O LORD God of hosts.

Lord,
There are so many in PAIN.
I use the bigger font because as I started this, I felt overwhelmed by it. My heart cries for its own wounds and others' freshly cut scarred tissue. A dear friend asked towards the sky, "Why? Is it because of this..." My heart echoed a similar plea.
You bless us, Lord. We cried, then laughed, then thanked You for the blessings. That's all that I ask, tonight... for my eyes to be opened and solely focused on You and Your blessings.

YOU, MY GOD, ARE ENOUGH...

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. "for my eyes to be opened and solely focused on You and Your blessings." This is a beautiful prayer, and one that I believe God will always answer. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete