My attempt at organization. :)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

enemy

This (among many things) has been on my mind. I've needed to stop and get these thoughts out while asking for guidance.

One thing that becomes very clear is the fact that we as Christians only have one enemy: the prince of this world, Lucifer himself; but it amazes how craftily he works through humans. I have directed more hate into the air instead of allowing God's righteousness to reveal itself.

So this post is really about me reading God's word. I'm looking in the concordance under 'enemy.'
Not that it matters, but I'm reading from a KJV at my desk and copy/pasting from NLT website.


Psalm 23:5
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.

Psalm 119:98
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are my constant guide.

Proverbs 16:7
When people's lives please the LORD,
even their enemies are at peace with them.

Proverbs 25:21,22
If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat.
If they are thirsty, give them water to drink.
You will heap burning coals of shame on their heads,
and the LORD will reward you.

Exodus 23:4
If you come upon your enemy's ox or donkey that has strayed away, take it back to its owner.

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you;

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, mu more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Romans 12:19-21
(vs. 19 & 20 quote old testament)
Be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.

Philippians 3:18,19
For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ. They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth.

2 Thessalonians 3:14,15
Take note of those who refuse to obey what we say in this letter. Stay away from them so they will be ashamed. Don't think of them as enemies, but warn them as you would a brother or sister.

James 4:4
You adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.

Wow... some of this stepped on my toes, which is ALWAYS a good thing. A repentant heart never hurt anyone. (2 Corinthians 7:13)

Lord,
Thank you. To list all that You have given me would extend to tomorrow as well as the maximum character allowance.I am grouchy. I am negative. I am sad... but like Steph said, IAM.

In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment