My attempt at organization. :)

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

heartache

My heart is incredibly sad today, and I'm finding a hard thing to shake it off. I still have my own painful stuff in my life:

my grandmother's death
my dad's death
my sister's story of abuse
my broken home
my unrequited love
my strained relationship with my pubescent daughter

And I'm also a counselor. My specialty is play therapy with children, but I work with adults also. I am saddened because we had another one. A new one today. A life touched by the sexual abuse plague. A 5 year old boy. Yesterday, it was a 4 year old girl and a 40+ year old woman whose abuse began when she was 5. All of my clients right now have been effected by child sexual abuse, and I am so angry about it, I want to strap on the ninja assassin gear and take justice into my own hands. But really, anger is the secondary reaction.

I am in pain. My heart is breaking all over the place. I never wanted to work with these clients. Its too close to home. BUT ITS EVERYWHERE!!!

I asked my colleague if we would ever get to a place where it wouldn't feel like a back-handed slap to the face when a new tale of horror found its way to us. We both agreed that point does not exist for us.

So now, I'm crying so bad, I can't see the computer screen.

Father,
Please hurry and come. Protect these innocent children! Give me the words to comfort them. Give me the strength and words for their parents. Please, God... let their parents believe them when they find the courage to tell. Let there be a safe person in their lives that will protect them. Heal them physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Let them know they are Your precious jewels worthy of true love.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine doing the work you do everyday. What pain and heartbreak. The only way to make it through is by laying it all in the hands of Jesus. Lean back and rest in His loving arms. Let Him hold you and comfort you. Thanks for doing the hard work ~ many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pinks - I agree with Lisa. Doing what you do day after day is heart-breaking and maybe God placed you there because of your understanding. I will lift you up in prayer as you walk this road.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pinks, for stopping by and commenting at Jeremiah 29:11. I am so very sorry for the burden you're carrying of so many things. Please know that God has a great plan for you....and you have to be a sweet blessing to those you help in your profession....especially the little ones! HOPE things start looking up for you....soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies so very much. I've been a rather sloppy child of late. You bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pinks~What you do is so needed and sooo hard. Praying for you.
    Blessings
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete