My attempt at organization. :)

Monday, August 29, 2011

1000 gifts

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God

"As I studied more, I came to understand that God was not asking me to give thanks for the circumstances themselves. He was asking me to focus on what He was doing in my life in the midst of my circumstances." -Wendy Blight, Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner: The Transforming Power of God's Story



7. skating
8. a spontaneous, slobbery kiss from my son
9. hearing my daughter sing along to air1
10. Peanut, a friend's female Great Dane
11. nerds - Willy Wonka and "Revenge of the Nerds" style
12. real humans sharing their pain
13. the ability to laugh at yourself


Lord,
You said worry about nothing but pray about everything. Everything... Thank you for bringing so many gifts and blessings into my life. The only way to get through these struggles is to lean on the faith that says You go before me and prepare the way. You know exactly what will happen and my reactions to it. I pray You anchor me to the faith You authored. Love and peace are the weapons we use to battle ALL forms of negativity and evil. Fill me with Your all encompassing love and peace. Lead me to the Word You have for me, daily. Thank you for your grace and mercy.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I love Wendy's quote and the verse you used in Philippians 4:6 is showing up everywhere lately. Love your list today, especially #2 & #3.
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your prayer at the end,may we all remember this, no matter what happens, He knows about it and has it under control. I love the the thankful list you started.

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete