My attempt at organization. :)

Friday, December 14, 2012

worship in spirit and truth




Yesterday was so much better! I started my electronic day with the the Berean: Daily Verse and Comment newsletter.

John 4:23,24
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and truth.

"In the current war over Christmas and religious symbols, Satan has pitted the secular humanists, who want to blot out Christianity and encourage almost any other form of worship, against mainstream Christians, who are fighting for the right to worship as they see fit by putting evergreen trees in schools per Jeremiah 10:2-5. Atheists and agnostics arrayed against Christmas-bent "Christians"--for whom do we root?

The truth of the matter is that Satan is the real winner regardless of the outcome." -David C. Grabbe

I felt more empowered to be in the world right now. It makes me spiritually visualize the waters of the Red Sea parted. Waters is usually a metaphor for people, and it feels like walking between two ginormous groups of opposing people. I wore a shirt I bought several years ago. I got it 75% off after that particular christmas season. :)
 
 
Wrinkled and messy. Isn't that how I usually am on this walk with YHWH?
 
I picked this shirt because I had recently added the backside scripture.
(Yes, I did it with a red sharpie, and the first wash turned it pink, adding more personality!)

I helped with a fundraiser involving a booth at "candy cane lane." My burdened spirit wanted to witness in peace, so I added this. I wore my sword so to speak.

 
I had seen, read, and shared the front's verses, but today, I SAW it again.
 
John 4:23


The LORD was speaking to me! Even if I felt heavy, uncomfortable, and not confident, He reminded me there was purpose in this new pain.
 
You see, I'm used to causing the pain I go through. Maybe not directly, but I know my decisions have hurt me many times.
 
It seemed so easy, answering the call, "Don't worship me like that. Worship as my Word asks you to."
 
My christian upbringing taught me all about spirit and a little about truth. Truth is most difficult at times... to understand, to accept, to find, to convey.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment